Crispy, baked chicken tenders, served with creamy honey mustard for dipping and fresh veggies. This is a 30-minute meal the whole family will enjoy.
Prep Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Serves: 4
- 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 c. crisp rice cereal
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken tenders (tenderloins)
- 1/2 c. reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 cucumber
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Place flour in a shallow bowl and egg in a second one; season both with salt and pepper. Pulse cereal and oil in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a third shallow bowl.
- Coat chicken: first in flour, shaking off excess; then with egg; letting excess drip off; and finally in cereal mixture, pressing to help it adhere. Place on a baking sheet, and bake until light golden brown and cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes, turning over halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together sour cream, mustard, and honey; season with salt and pepper. Serve tenders and vegetables with creamy honey mustard on the side.
Find more quick & healthy recipes here.