*Note: Recommended for Windows users only.
Step One: Uninstall old Java versions
- First, close your internet browser (IE, Firefox, etc).
- Click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, select “Add or Remove Programs”. It may also be called “Programs and Features”, or “Uninstall a Program”
- A list will display of all programs you have loaded onto your computer. The list is usually in alphabetical order. Scroll down until you see Java.
- Select Java and remove. You will see a remove button, or you may just need to double click. The computer may ask you to confirm that you want to remove Java. Click Yes.
- It will take a few minutes for Java to be removed. You will see a few pop-up boxes. This is normal.
- When finished, you can close Control Panel windows.
Step Two: Upgrade your Java to the newest version
- Open your internet browser and go to www.java.com
- Download the newest version of Java
- Close and re-open your browser. This is an important step!
- Try to print again.
- If you still can't print, you may need to enable the plugin. See this article for more information.
- If you're using Internet Explorer, you may find it helpful to adjust your security setting. Open Tools -> Internet Options, and click the Security tab. Your security level should be set to Medium or Medium High. Save the setting by clicking the Apply button, then close and restart Internet Explorer.