- First, close your internet browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome).
- Click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, select "Programs", and then click "Java". This opens the Java Control Panel.
- Under the "Temporary Internet Files" section, there is a button called "Settings". Click this button.
- Another window pops up called "Temporary Files Settings". Click the "Delete Files" button:
- When the "Delete Files and Applications" box appears, make sure all three boxes are checked, including the box next to "Installed Applications and Applets", then click OK. This will not hurt your computer – you’re clearing out a bunch of older files you no longer need.
When finished, close the Java Preferences windows. Restart your browser and try printing again. Your browser may prompt you to allow printing.
Using a Mac? Please read this article.