Java 7 Update 51 is causing some Windows users to be unable to print our coupons. We apologize for the inconvenience. While we investigate improvements, we have found that deleting Java temporary files has resolved the issue for some of our users:
- First, close your internet browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome).
- Click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, select "Programs", and then click "Java". This opens the Java Control Panel.
- Under the "Temporary Internet Files" section, there is a button called "Settings". Click this button.
- Another window pops up called "Temporary Files Settings". Click the "Delete Files" button:
- When the "Delete Files and Applications" box appears, make sure all three boxes are checked, including the box next to "Installed Applications and Applets", then click OK. This will not hurt your computer – you’re clearing out a bunch of older files you no longer need.
- Close the popup boxes to return to the main Java Control Panel window. Click the "Security" tab.
- Set the security level to "Medium", then click Apply.
- Click OK to exit out of the Java Control Panel. Restart your browser and try printing again. Your browser may prompt you to allow printing.
Are you on Mac? Please read this article.