In the midst of your gift-buying blitz, consider searching out deals for a few extra items. Here's what to add to your shopping list during this prime season for saving:
- Holiday Essentials. Everyone knows the best deals for holiday décor occur after Christmas but more and more retailers are discounting their holiday merchandise in advance. Start looking now before everything gets picked over.
- Baking Supplies. Get geared up for holiday baking with cookie sheets, spatulas, mixers and more.
- Toys. It seems like a no-brainer to shop for the little ones on your list this time of year. Patience and comparison shopping are the keys to nabbing great deals so keep an eye out for sales all month long.
- Fall Clearance Items. Stores are eager to clear the shelves of any remaining autumn inventory so plan to stock up on wreaths, candles and pumpkin spice everything.
- Champagne. Buy extra bubbly now for holiday parties, host/hostess gifts and, of course, New Years Eve.