Love it or hate it, the pumpkin spice craze is back! Delicious using espresso or regular brewed coffee, savor the season with this homemade take on the ultimate fall beverage.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar or honey, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1-2 shots espresso (about 1/4 cup of espresso or 1/2 cup of strong brewed coffee if you don't have an espresso machine.)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together milk, pumpkin and sugar, cooking until it begins to steam. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and spice, transfer to a blender and process for 15 seconds until foamy (alternatively, just whisk the mixture until well combined). Pour evenly into two mugs and top with espresso (or coffee).
For more quick & easy recipes, visit redplum.com/recipes.