A lighter take on a comfort food classic! Prepare this juicy and flavorful oven-fried chicken for your next family gathering.
Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt, mayo or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh crushed rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Place chicken breasts in large zip-top bag and add olive oil, yogurt, rosemary, thyme, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Zip shut and shake bag to evenly distribute marinade. Place bag in fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and fit with a wire rack. Spray the rack with olive oil cooking spray and set aside.
- Place panko and cheese into a shallow large bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Once chicken is done marinating, remove from bag and place on a large plate. Pat off excess marinade from the chicken, you don't want it too wet! Sprinkle chicken with a bit more salt and pepper and dip into the panko-cheese mixture, tossing to evenly coat. Place the chicken onto prepared wire rack and repeat with remaining chicken breasts. Spray the top of the chicken with a bit of olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake for about 25-35 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear. Garnish with fresh chopped basil, herbs, or additional cheese if desired. Note: baking times will differ depending on the size of your chicken breasts.
For more healthy recipes, visit redplum.com/recipes.