Enjoy a delicious bowl of broccoli cheddar soup, a comfort food favorite.
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes | Serving Size: 4
Here is what you will need:
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp. Italian dressing
- 1 can (284 ml) 25% less sodium chicken broth
- 2 broth cans water
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup skim milk
- ½ cup instant white rice, uncooked
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook onions in the Italian dressing in a large saucepan until tender.
- Add broth, water, and broccoli. Bring to boil; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Stir in milk and rice and one cup of cheddar. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 5 minutes.
- Pout into blender or food processor container in batches; cover. Blend until smooth. Return to saucepan; cook on low heat until heated through. Top each serving with cheese.
While you are here, print or load the latest refrigerated food coupons to a store loyalty program below.