We have to admit that couponing is one of the best ways to save money (don’t you agree)? More than 8,000 of you responded to our 2017 RedPlum® Purse String Survey to share your couponing experiences and the reality is that using coupons means big wins in saving money for families. However, whether you print or download coupons to store loyalty programs, there are several coupon mistakes to avoid.
Remember to keep these savvy coupon tips in mind to save more money, time, and to prevent coupon fraud.
- Searching for every coupon available. Be realistic. Spend your time wisely by searching for coupons online, within your newspaper, and shopping apps only for the items that you need. Meal planning and creating shopping lists can help you cut costs.
- Failing to join your favorite store newsletters. Do you have a store that you shop frequently? Make sure you subscribe to receive newsletters to get coupons and deals that may not be available anywhere else. Plus, it is free to get these additional deals via email.
- Failing to organize coupons. Become a coupon pro by creating a coupon binder to keep your coupons organized and ready to use during checkout. Check out the top three ways to organize your coupons.
- Misusing coupons. It is important to follow the legal wording shown at the bottom of each coupon. Prohibited coupon activities such as buying coupons, photocopying coupons, and stealing newspapers are illegal. Learn what you need to do to avoid and report coupon fraud.
- Failing to understand store coupon policies. Make sure you find out the coupon policies of the stores you plan to use coupons in advance. Doing so can help save time and misunderstandings at the time of purchase. You can visit the store’s website to search for their policy.
These are some of the most popular couponing mistakes to avoid. If you are new to couponing, remember to keep these tips in mind and to be patient. It takes time finding the coupons that work best for you and the needs of your family.
Visit our blog for more couponing and money saving tips.