Partake in a low-calorie, fulfilling, comfort food favorite for dinner. Try this delicious slow cooker pot roast recipe that serves eight.
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 6 hours | Total Time: 6 hours 5 minutes | Serving Size: 8
Here is what you will need:
- 2 cups of red wine
- ½ cup of water
- 1 ¼ ounce envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 4 lbs. trimmed beef roast
- 1-2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Place roast in crock pot and season with pepper.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together and pour over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Remove roast to rest on a platter.
- Turn crock pot to high.
- Whisk cornstarch into juices to thicken.
Note: You can easily make additions to this by adding garlic, pearl onions, or mushrooms.
For more delicious meal ideas, search hundreds of recipes at redplum.com/recipes.
Before you go, print or load the latest pantry coupons to a store loyalty program below.