Craving BBQ? Try this amazing grilled baby back ribs recipe with a nice kick of sweetness. Get grilling to enjoy a delightful summer favorite meal.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes | Total Time: 50 minutes | Serving Size: 12
Here is what you will need:
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2-3 lbs. baby back pork ribs (1 or 2 racks)
- 20 ounces canned pineapple rings/ slices in 100% juice
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. In a small bowl, combine the paprika, salt, chili powder, cinnamon and 1 tsp. brown sugar. Lay the ribs flat in a dish with sides. Sprinkle the spice mixture evenly over both sides of the ribs and rub it into the meat with your fingers. (This can be done up to 24 hours in advance.)
- To make the glaze, combine 1/4 cup pineapple juice (from the can of pineapple slices), ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and 2 Tbsp. brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring it to a boil over medium-high heat and simmer it for 8 - 10 minutes until it is thickened and has reduced by about 1/3. Set it aside.
- Grill the ribs for 20 minutes, turning them once. Then, brush the top side of the ribs with the glaze and continue to cook them, flipping and brushing with sauce every 5-10 minutes, until the ribs are nicely browned, and the meat cuts easily with a sharp knife, about 40 minutes total (but check them sooner if your grill runs hot). If the ribs start to blacken reduce the heat and move them off the direct heat.
- When the ribs are about 10 minutes from being done, grill the pineapple slices directly on the grates of the grill for 3 – 5 minutes per side until they are lightly browned.
- If any glaze remains, bring it to a boil for 2 minutes on the stove top to eliminate any bacteria from the raw meat, and serve it on the side with the ribs. Cut the rack(s) into individual ribs to serve. Serve them immediately or refrigerate them for up to 3 days (if you can wait that long!).
Search for tastier grill recipes at redplum.com/recipes.