The next time you plan to have spaghetti for dinner, take it up a notch by adding mozzarella stuffed meatballs. Using similar ingredients for the spaghetti sauce, you will save time and money turning a simple dish into a fulfilling comfort food favorite.
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 45 minutes | Serving Size: 12
Here is what you will need:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground pork or mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 3 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves; minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ lb. mozzarella; cut into cubes
- Olive oil
- Marinara (jar or homemade)
1. In a large bowl, mix beef through pepper. Form into 2" balls. Press a cheese cube in the middle and seal the meat around it.
2. Heat 1/2" olive oil in a large skillet. Brown meatballs and then set aside on a plate.
3. Pour marinara sauce into pan; bring to a simmer. Add meatballs and simmer until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
4. Serve over spaghetti or on top of a hoagie.