Let’s face it, you get busy with life, and things start stacking up from bills to items around the house. When you have more possessions than you need or can reasonably use, your desk becomes a mess, closets are overflowing, and even your chairs have piles of stuff on them.
It does not have to be this way. Prioritizing and organizing the stuff that is piling should be more than just an annual spring cleaning event. Instead, think of it as a way of life. When straightening items annually, it can be overwhelming to start. However, when you tackle each room or area within a space regularly, the easier it is to keep your home that way. Schedule the time daily or weekly to get the areas of your home organized.
Here are several reasons why clearing the clutter is important:
- Putting things in order on a regular basis can help encourage you to be more organized in other areas of your life, from staying on top of your finances to maintaining your exercise goals.
- It saves you money because you are less likely to buy items that you do not need to add in your space. You may think more carefully before buying things that cut down on impulse buys, saving you more money.
- You can earn money by selling the items you no longer need. You can sell them on eBay, have a garage sale, put them on Craigslist, or even donate items via Freecycle.
- It saves you time because you have less to organize, clean, and maintain.
- Organizing your things reduces stress. Skeptical? Try this: sit in a room that is tidy and organized. Then sit in a room that is cluttered and messy. Do you feel the difference?
The best part of having an organized space or room is that you can find the items of importance quickly, whether that is paperwork, mail, or something that you need or use frequently.
Check out how to get every area of your home in order with these handy organization tips by busy moms.