Buying in bulk can save you much money, particularly when you are bulking up on essential items, you'll undoubtedly use. It is also an excellent opportunity to seek out coupons so you can stock up during sales to take advantage of super deals.
Here are eight items worth buying in bulk.
Print or load pantry product coupons to a store loyalty program below.
- Toothpaste. We use it daily (we hope) and it lasts a long time. Plus, you reduce the risk of running out, which is never good with toothpaste.
- Dry pasta. It can last two years or more past its expiration date, and it is versatile, tasty, and healthy.
- Shampoo. It never hurts to have some extra bottles around. You know you'll use it eventually.
- Oatmeal. It makes a nutritious breakfast, it is great in cookies, and has a shelf life of several years.
- Soap. Whether bar or hand soap, it never goes bad and families with kids go through it faster than you expect.
- Dishwashing detergent. It is annoying when you have a dishwasher full of dishes you need to clean and no way to do it. Don't let this happen to you. Stock up.
- Toilet paper. Buying this necessity in bulk offers big savings. If you have plenty of storage space, you can buy in bulk each time there's a sale and be perpetually stocked up. However, even if you have limited on space you can still watch for coupons and double up on your purchase each time, so you always have enough at home.
- Batteries. Large packages can drop the price per battery considerably, especially when paired with coupons and sales. To maximize shelf life, store batteries in a cool place.
Learn “How to Get More from Your Coupons” to save money on the items listed above.