NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The RedPlum Happy Dance Giveaway Video Contest (“Contest”) is an online-only Contest that begins on 4/1/10 at 12:00:00 AM (ET) and ends on 6/30/10 at 11:59:59 PM (ET) (“Promotion Period”). The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, YouTube. YouTube is completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to Sponsor and not YouTube.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Go to youtube.com/watch?v=njo8X9Efn-g (“Website”), follow the directions to complete the online registration for the Contest; and upload a video demonstrating the “Happy Dance” that you do when you save money by using coupons (“Submission”). Videos must be no shorter than :15 seconds in length and no longer than 1-minute in length; and may not be larger than five (5) MB (5MB maximum). Video submissions must be uploaded in one of the following file formats: .avi, .mpg, .mov, .qt and .wmv. Follow the instructions at the Website to upload your video. Video entry submissions that do not comply with the entry requirements will be considered void. Video submissions will be screened by Sponsor or its designee prior to public viewing. If for any reason during the screening process the video submission is not compliant with these Official Rules as solely determined by Sponsor, the submission will be disqualified from the Contest. Limit five (5) submissions per person/email address.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, an entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry, provided that person meets all eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entrants may not participate with multiple e-mail addresses, nor may entrants use any device to enter as multiple entrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses or under multiple identities will be disqualified from participation in the Contest and all entries submitted by that entrant will be void.
All entries must be the original work of the entrant, never been previously published, must not infringe on any third party rights, and may not include content which is offensive, violent or suggested violence, derogatory, sexually suggestive, obscene, defamatory, explicit language or imagery or is otherwise inappropriate for publication in general circulation, or depicts the Sponsor and/or any of their products or services in a manner which is not consistent with its positive image and/or their approval trademark use. No other manufacturers’ products are permitted in the video submission. Entries may not depict individuals other than the entrant and no names may be mentioned. By entering the Contest, the entrant gives Valassis / RedPlum (“Sponsor”) the right to use, edit, or publish the entry without further compensation and winner assigns all rights, title and interest in the submission to the Sponsor, and, if required, will sign any documents necessary to transfer copyright and rights of publicity. Submission of an entry further constitutes the entrant’s consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor any all rights, title and interest in the entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights and rights of publicity. Winner may have to certify in writing that his/her entry was original and produced by the entrant and no other person or entity holds rights to entry. All entry materials become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or phone number of entrants
No automated entry devices, bots and/or other programs and/or software are permitted for entry. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entries are eligible.
3. Video Submissions must comply with the YouTube Site's “YouTube Community Guidelines” set forth at www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines (“Code of Conduct”) as well as the requirements below (“Requirements”). Final determination of eligibility of any Video Submission will be made by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Video Submissions shall be subject to disqualification, in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion, if Sponsor believes that the Video Submission does not comply with or violates any of the following Requirements:
Entrants acknowledge that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Video Submission that may have similarities to ideas or concepts included in entrant's Video Submission, and entrants understand and agree that they shall in no way be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarities. The Contest Entities' decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including interpretation and application of these Official Rules.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Valassis / RedPlum, its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, promotion and other agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited.
5. JUDGING: Once the Submission is uploaded to the Website and approved by the Sponsor, it will be made available for viewing on the Website by the public. The public will be invited to vote on their favorite Submission and at the end of the Promotion Period, assuming a sufficient number of eligible entries are received, the Submission with the highest number of views by the public will be declared the Grand Prize winner – subject to verification. In the unlikely event of a tie, the winner will be determined by an independent judging panel using the following judging criteria: creativity (50%); best tie-in with the Contest theme (50%). Entrants will be automatically disqualified if automated voting software is used in their favor. The prize will be awarded in the name of the person listed on the entry form provided he/she meets all eligibility requirements. Prize will be awarded, provided there are a sufficient number of qualified entries received. Winner will be notified by email, phone and/or mail at Sponsor’s discretion.
6. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV): One (1) Grand Prize – A $100 Bank-issued Gift Card. Gift card is subject to the terms and conditions associated with its use. All applicable federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
7. GENERAL: Potential Grand Prize winner may be required to sign and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and, where permitted by law, Publicity Release within ten (10) days after first notification attempt. If prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected as provided in these Official Rules. No correspondence will be acknowledged. No cash equivalents, substitutions or transfer of prize is permitted. Subject to all federal, state and local laws/regulations. Neither Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, promotion agencies nor their employees will have any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize or participation in the Contest or any prize-related activities. Acceptance of a prize shall be construed as and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, voice, address, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further consideration, review, approval or payment, where allowed by law. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize.
8. INTERNET: Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Sponsor, not at the time of transmission by the entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected or illegible entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Caution: Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such individual to the fullest extent of the law. Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any Submission, or to otherwise exploit any Submission or, if commenced, to continue the distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of any Submission for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and contestants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
10. GRANT OF RIGHTS: By entering the Contest each entrant hereby irrevocably grants, transfers, sells, assigns and conveys to the Sponsor, its successors and assigns, all present and future rights, title and interest of every kind and nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and all rights incidental, subsidiary, ancillary or allied thereto (including, without limitation, all derivative rights) in and to the Submission for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter the Submission for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have therein. Each entrant hereby acknowledges that such entrant does not reserve any rights in or to the Submission.
11. WINNER’S LIST: For name of winner, to be available after 7/10/10, send a self addressed, stamped envelope to: RedPlum Happy Dance Giveaway Video Contest – Winner’s List, 235 Great Pond Drive, Windsor, CT 06095. Winner’s list requests must be received by 8/10/10
12. SPONSOR: Valassis / RedPlum, 67 South Bedford Street, Suite 100E, Burlington, MA 01803.
© Copyright 2010, Valassis Communications, Inc.